Serviced Apartments in Merchant City, Glasgow
Fraser Suites Glasgow is ideally located within Glasgow's cultural hotspot Merchant City with a wide range of attractions, upmarket shopping venues, dining options, facilities and amenities, all of which within walking distance. Served by the St Enoch Station readily accessible just around the corner, getting to places is easy with the excellent public transport network.
Fraser Suites Glasgow, Scotland
1-19 Albion Street
Facilities, Amenities and Services within the vicinity
- Internationally renowned cafes, bars and restaurants (2- to 10- minute walk)
- Tesco Supermarket (3-minute walk)
- Marks and Spencer (5-minute walk)
- Pharmacy (3-minute walk)
- Cineworld Cinema (15-minute walk)
- Post Office (5-minute walk)
- Banks: HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds, Barclays etc (5- to10-minute walk)
- Hairdressers (5-minute walk)
- Currency Exchange (5-minute walk)
Nearest Underground: St Enoch Station
- 5- to 7-minute walk from the property.
- Stops at all stations on Glasgow Underground.
Nearest Mainline Stations:
- Glasgow Queen Street Station, 10-minute walk from the property, connects to North and East of the city including Edinburgh.
- Glasgow Central Station, 15-minute walk from the property, connects to South and West of the city including England.
- Chauffeur service or taxi reservations may be arranged upon request.
Getting to Fraser Suites Glasgow
From Glasgow International Airport, approximately 20 minutes’ drive time.
Discover Glasgow, the fourth largest city of UK and largest in Scotland. The city of style is home to many world-class attractions, museums, galleries and stunning architectures, including notable works by renowned Scottish designer and artist Charles Rennie Mackintosh, who has achievements found among many Glasgow’s churches and commercial buildings.
A city with one of the best downtown shopping experiences in the UK, Glasgow is vibrant and abuzz in arts and cultural happenings. The host city to 2014 Commonwealth Games is equally reputed for its lively music scene, pubs and clubs and high-profile exhibitions. Beyond the city, you will find lush countryside and a wealth of fascinating history as you follow the path of the River Clyde.
Essential facts of Scotland
The official language in United Kingdom (UK) is English.
The local time in the UK in winter is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). In summer, the local time in the UK in summer is referred to as British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT+1.
Visit the UK Visas and Immigration Service website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration for information on visas for tourists, work, study, and other related information or useful contacts.
The British Pound Sterling (GBP) is used in the UK.
The standard VAT rate is 20%.
Tipping is not required in the UK. All staff in the UK, must by law, be paid at least the National Minimum Wage whether they receive tips or not.
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Shops, may vary but generally:
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 19:00 hours
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 to 17:00 hours
The calling UK code is 44.
The electrical current in the UK is 230V/50Hz.
Public holidays in United Kingdom are called "Bank Holidays" and include:
-New Year's Day: 1st January
-Good Friday: varies
-Easter Monday: varies
-Early May Bank Holiday: 1st Monday of May
-Spring Bank Holiday: last Monday of May
-Summer bank Holiday: last Monday of August
-Christmas Day: 25th December
-Boxing Day: 26th December